Ask A Healer Top-Recommended! I use Mt. Capra Goat Whey every single day and love it! Ask a Healer Wellness Library is proud to sponsor with Mt. Capra to bring you optimal nutrition. For the very best in whey protein, goat milk products, probiotics, digestive enzymes, sports drinks, green drinks and superfood drinks I recommend this company. Why I Endorse Mt. Capra ~*~ Explore Mt. Capra Products
Acid Reflux Disease
Causes and Symptoms
Ask A Healer Health Challenge Articles
Acid Reflux Disease Causes and Symptoms
Neva Howell with Excerpts of Guest Article by Barton Health Reports
Related Health Articles:
What Causes Gas?
What Is Gerd?
What is Barrett's Esophagus?
Other good online resources for acid reflux information include The Mayo Clinic and Medical News Today
What Causes Acid Reflux?
Hiatal hernias may be a contributing factor in the development of acid reflux disease. A hiatal hernia results when the stomach shifts so that part of it moves up above the diaphragm. This causes acid to leak into the esophagus. When that stomach acid goes where it is not supposed to go, the result is irritation and inflammation. However, there are other causes for acid reflux including:
1. Getting in the habit of going horizontal right after eating. If you're one of those folks who likes to eat while watching tv and unwinding from your day, and then going to bed with a full stomach, sitting up for an hour after eating helpful.
2. Being overweight may also contribute to acid reflux disease. Dropping excess pounds is a good way to help your body regain homeostasis and may help reduce symptoms.
3. The frequent consumption of foods known to trigger acid reflux symptoms may also contribute to the development of the condition over time. Moderate consumption of alcohol, cokes and sodas, citrus fruits and juices, spicy foods and really fatty foods may be helpful if you already have acid reflux disease or, if you're headed that way, cutting back on them may definitely help your body regain normal function.
4. Ask your doctor if any of your medications or OTC medicines may be contributing. These include some medicines for controlling blood pressure as well as OTC drugs like aspirin. Some asthma medications may also be linked to this health challenge.
Other contributing factors that have been linked to acid reflux disease and GERD include smoking, not eating enough fiber, eating too much salt, not getting enough exercise
Acid Reflux Symptoms May Include:
1. Walking up with a sour taste in your mouth and uncomfortable burning sensation in the throat and espophagus.
2. Uncomfortable feelings in the throat and chest area which may include a feeling like you have heartburn, a burning sensation or a dry cough. Some with acid reflux also experience difficulty in swallowing, along with a feeling that they have a lump in their throat.
3. Frequent urinaton
Health Care Disclaimer: The information contained in this health care article about acid reflux disease, and attending factors such as a hiatal hernia and diet, is not intended to take the place of personal medical advice from your health care professional. Any action taken based on the contents found in this or any holistic wellbeing information on Ask A Healer is at the sole discretion of the reader. Please consult with your gastroenterologist on matters relating to your health and wellness. Some of the symptoms of acid reflux are more serious than others. Any kind of unexplained chest pain, for example, warrants a trip to the doctor or emergency room, depending on severity.