MMS - What it is and where to find it
by N J Howell
MMS and Ebola
My personal MMS experience
MMS, or Master Mineral Supplement (previously known as Miracle Mineral Supplement), is a solution of sodium chlorite that has been activated with citric acid or other activator to create chlorine dioxide, a potent water purifier.
Where to Buy the MMS Ingredients:
I thought I'd founda good option... I used to provide a link featuring Keavy's Corner, because they are a recognized distributor of MMS meeting Jim Humble's approval. In fact, I used to get my own MMS from Keavy's Corner and I personally felt Keavy's Corner had the best MMS online, based on the information given on quality. Their Master Mineral Supplement is 100% free of Heavy Metals and Sodium Chlorate (not to be confused with Sodium Chlorite), for example. That's important to know. Please note that some making the MMS formula for resale are NOT following Jim Humble's instructions so you may not be getting true MMS. Best to buy from approved source.
Unfortunately, I happened to turn the plastic bottles over and was horrified to see that one set of MMS was actually in #7 plastic. That's the most toxic and it's really hard for me to believe none of the plastic leaches. Fortunately, I had not opened that set yet but the other set had #6. None of what I had was HDP# which is advertised on the website. I'm extremely disappointed that they would go to all the trouble to test for heavy metals and then use toxic plastic. So, I'm back to the drawing board, looking for a good source. I wouldn't order DMSO from Keavy's either. The bottle I have is a #5, not HDPE.
No response from Keavy's Corner: Of course, I emailed Keavy's Corner about what I had found and heard absolutely nothing from them. I also called and left a message. Since then, I did locate a pure DMSO in glass bottle and non-leaching lid but am still looking for a source for MMS in glass bottles and non-leaching droppers or lids.
More About MMS: Back in the early days, Jim Humble called this activated sodium chlorite Miracle Mineral Supplement because he discovered that MMS is more than a water purifier. The name was later changed to Master Mineral Supplement. Jim Humble has written several books about MMS and he says it is effective against a host of bacteria and parasites and may help the body rid itself of parasites, toxic miasms, bacterial residue, viral residue, etc.
Chlorine Dioxide is not approved by the FDA for such use and no claims are made of such results. The information on how MMS can help the body release toxins and detox is, at this point, very largely ancedotal although Jim Humble himself did quite a bit of documentation on the use of Master Mineral Supplement to treat malaria and other conditions. In addition there has been a double blind clinical study which showed promising results. (1982 -- oddly, that information has been removed from the nih.gov website) or, if it's still there I can't find it.
The wellness library is about information. A fully informed self-treating individual may want all the available facts and theories around a product. For that reason, I often include controversial viewpoints because they are out there or because they are promoted by powerful entities, such as our Food and Drug Adminstration. I use MMS and plan to continue using it.
Having said that, I will also say that I have concerns about anyone going outside the dosage instructions set by Jim Humble. I also want to let you know that the FDA has issued a strong warning against MMS and I provide a link to that information as well, so that you may be fully informed.
The FDA says MMS contains industrial bleach. Jim Humble holds that chlorine dioxide, what results when the MMS activator and citric acid are mixed, is NOT the same as bleach and is beneficial. Thousands of MMS users share stories that support the position on which Jim Humble's research rests, which is that the effect of giving MMS to thousands of people has resulted in improved health, not deterioration of health.
I've witnessed the FDA shutting down natural remedies continually, while continually passing prescription drugs that damage or kill. They recall those drugs later but in the meantime, so many suffer or die. MMS has been misused, in ways that Jim Humble never approved, as evidenced by some of the forum posts. This is no different and no easier controlled than people abusing prescription drugs. Pharmacists and doctors cannot know what a patient is going to do with a drug after they get it home; how can Jim Humble be held accountable for people taking copious amounts of MMS? By the way, the ones I personally read about who took copius copious amounts still reported almost no ill effects beyond nausea or other detox symptoms that were temporary; I wonder if the same could be said of taking copious amounts of any prescription drug?
Health Disclaimer: MMS is a water purifier, basically. As such, it is a very effective water purifier and would make a fantastic addition to any survival kit or emergency kit you may have at home. Master Mineral Supplement is not presented as any kind of health supplement, medicine or natural remedy. The information here is not intended to replace medical attention, evaluation and treatment.